“Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of life’s longing for itself. You may give them your love but not your thoughts; for they have their own thoughts.”- Khalil Gibran
Shree Gattu Vidyalaya is a child centered school which draws upon constructivist approach to teaching and learning. Shree Gattu Vidyalaya does not believe in imparting mere knowledge to the learner but in creating a learning space which provides opportunities to students to be actively involved in learning process.
GLANCE AT OUR CLASSROOMS:
- Students autonomy and initiative are accepted and encouraged.
- Teacher asks open ended questions and allows time for response.
- Higher order thinking is encouraged.
- Students are engaged in dialogue with the teacher and each other.
- Students are engaged in experiences that challenge hypothesis and encourage discussion.
- The class uses raw data, primary sources and manipulative physical and interactive materials.
The process of curriculum transaction involves five Es. These are: Engage, Explore, Explain, Extend and Evaluate. We also implement multiple intelligence theory in our lesson planning and execution.
ONGOING TEACHERS TRAINING PROGRAMS:
Throughout the year we keep updating our teachers through workshops. Which are conducted by internal or external sources.