SPORTS AND GAMES
Students are told the importance of sports as a physical activity as well as a medium to develop competitive spirit. The school boasts of one of the best sports complex adjoin school building which provides facilities like athletics, swimming, lawn tennis, cricket, football. Shree Gattu Vidyalaya sports teams have represented the school at State Level tournaments as well.
ART & CRAFT
Students under the guidance of professional artists and craftsmen enhance their talent for art and craft. Students are exposed to various forms and styles of paintings, sculptures, wood craft, metal craft, paper crafts etc. to enhance their creativity.
In addition to the standard narrative dialogue style of plays, other forms as musicals, opera, ballet, mime are also a part of co- scholastic curriculum. Students gain confidence and learn the art of self expression.
Both Indian and Western dances are taught under the expert choreographers. Various inter-house and inter-school dance competitions are organised from time to time.
Students not only learn to play musical instruments, but also study music theory, history of music and musical composition. Students are exposed to Indian as well as western music. Electronic Synthesizer, Guitar & Drums are the musical instruments that students learn to play.
TRIPS & EXCURSIONS
The field trips are an organized and integral part of the instructional program that takes place outside the regular classroom and require leaving the school grounds. Field trips are accepted as important resources that contribute to a strong program of instruction in many areas of the curriculum. All students are offered the opportunity to attend all field trips and excursions.
CLUBS & HOUSE MEETS
To inculcate in our students a passion for leadership and achievement in our students, we have various clubs, of which the students are members. Each club is responsible for a monthly presentation.
Our clubs are:- Eco club, Heritage club to be initiated, SPIC MACAY club, Literary club, Science club, Bird watching club, Member of VVVVF, Astronomy club
To build leadership qualities there are four Houses: Malhar House, Shivranjani House, Kedar House and Sarang House where students experience and participate in various activities.
Mobile education Van endevors to provide joyful and meaningful education to the students of Primary School and to rovide exposure to the rural school teachers, to activity oriented teaching techniques. Mobile Education Van was started with 11 villages in the initial stage during 2001 and it has slowly spread out to 25 rural schools. During the year 2010, 2nd Van has been started with a vision to increase the number of villages to 34 Ural schools with an increase of 9 more villages in rural school in a year and imparting education to students and teachers. The Van visits a school twice in a month. Each month both the Mobile Van spends two days in each of the 34 villges.
RECOGNIZED STUDY CENTRE OF INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY – IGNOU
To sustain Industrial Development and to meet the goal challenges, it was felt necessary to upgrade Human Resources.
In order to fulfill this task and to provide opportunities to young workers, Executives, efforts were made to establish a ‘Recognized Center” of IGNOU at Shree Gattu Vidyalaya, Ankleshwar.
LIST OF IGNOU COURSES
- Management Programme (MBA)
- Management of Business (MPB)
- Master Degree in Hindi (MHD)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Preparatory Programme (BPP)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education (PGDHE)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRD)
- Diploma in Nutrition & Helth Education (DNHE)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (DECE)
- Certificate in Rural Development (CRD)
- Certificate in Nurtition and Childhood Care (CNCC)
- Certificate in Teaching of Primary School Mathematics(CTPM)
- Certificate in Food and Nutrition (CFN)
- Certificate Graduate Diploma in Journalism & mass communication (PGDDM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in disaster Management (PGDDM)
- Master of Arts tourism management (MTM)
- Master of Arts (English) (MEG)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com.)
- Bachelor of Arts(Tourism Studies)(BTM)
- MBA(B&F) Banking of Finance
- Certificate functional English (Basic Level) (CFE)